TRANSACTION iSOLATION

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

G SHIVARANJANI
Participant

TRANSACTION iSOLATION

Post by G SHIVARANJANI »

Hi,

Is transaction isolation possible in ODBC stage:

I need this to be set as read uncommited.

as the job s are getting aborted for read committed when the records are locked by some other application.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please be more specific about which ODBC stage you are referring to - the ODBC Enterprise or the "ordinary" ODBC (API) stage.

As far as I can recall, however, both have a property called something like transaction isolation level. In the ODBC Enterprise stage click on the Options folder in the Properties tab, and find Isolation Level in the Available Properties to Add.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
G SHIVARANJANI
Participant

Post by G SHIVARANJANI »

I am using ODBC enterprise stage and

I have opened its properties where i could see
Options has the settings for Isolation level as
Read committed
read uncommited
repeatable read
serailized

I tried with all the four but the help for all -> says the following

"Type: List
Isolation level for accessing data. The default isolation level is decided by the database specified in the data source."

All the cases when set gives a record lock erro for the job, when any other application is using the table records for update or delete.

ray.wurlod wrote:Please be more specific about which ODBC stage you are referring to - the ODBC Enterprise or the "ordinary" ODBC (API) stage.

As far as I can recall, however, both have a property called something ...
G SHIVARANJANI
Participant

Post by G SHIVARANJANI »

Any suggestions...