segmentation fault

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

segmentation fault

Post by kirankota79 »

main_program: An NLS map <ISO-8859-1> is specified, but NLS_LANG is not set. The NLS map must be set to an ICU codepage which is equivalent to the character set specified by NLS_LANG
segmentation fault

Can someone tell me why this problem is occuring.....it occurs many times...sometimes the job works fine but sometimes it gives the above error. Couldn'tt figure out the real problem. Always comes with this nls statement. sometimes if i force compile 2 or 3 times...job runs fine. Is there a permanent solution to it?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

NLS_LANG is an environment variable used for database (e.g. Oracle). Although DataStage does not use it, DataStage checks that it is set.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

Hi Ray..Can you tell me a workaround for it....this error is so irritating. i am using oracle 11g on windows 2003 server. Some time jobs work fine with one click and sometime i need rerun the job many times. What i need to setup in order to avoid this? always the same error!

ray.wurlod wrote:NLS_LANG is an environment variable used for database (e.g. Oracle). Although DataStage does not use it, DataStage checks that it is set.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's no workaround. You need to have NLS_LANG set if you're going to communicate Unicode data to/from the database server. End of story.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

in the administrator when i see the nls properties of this particular project it is shown as default map name ISO-8859-1 and there is nothing else to set.
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

on the database side the nls_characterset is UTF8
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

define a variable $NLS_LANG = AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8 depending upon the language you want to set.
i will prefer at job level variable.