Using FileSet in Look up Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

joffijoy
Participant

Using FileSet in Look up Stage

Post by joffijoy »

Hi,

I have a Job that needs to do a look up from a Table. Since the query is complex and the same query will be used in multiple places to look up, I thought it will be more appropriate to use a Lookup File set, and I created a lookup fileset with Range Look up = No. When I use this file set in my lookup Job, the Only option I have is Range. Same look up stage has other look ups from Db2 Tables and it gives me an option to choose the key type(equality, caselesss, Range). Can any one suggest why I am not getting an option to choose key type incase of file set?.

Sincerely,
Joffi.
shaonli
Participant

Post by shaonli »

When you are using lookup file set in lookup stage you will not get option to select key.yoy need to specify the key (that the lookup on this file set will ultimately be performed on) while creating the lookup file set.
You can repeat this property to specify multiple
key columns.
You must specify the key when you create the file
set, you cannot specify it when performing the lookup.
The key field name should be same in the source column of the lookup stage also.

You can refer to parallel job developer's guide.

Thanks
Shaonli