Datastage hangs on opening Oracle Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kartbeat2001
Participant

Datastage hangs on opening Oracle Stage

Post by kartbeat2001 »

I am using Datastage 7.5.2 and I have a problem in opening oracle stage

I have a very simple job with Oracle stage and a sequential file stage.Job is going to extract the data from oracle tables and write it into sequantial file.

Now if I try to see the properties of Oracle Stage entire Datastage hangs out and I cannot do anything in it . I have to go task manager to kill that session.

Same job runs successfully in another machine.Its not working in my machine and also the same job was running fine for me also some 2 days back.I have this problem till last 2 days.

I suspect there is some issues in my machine alone and not in that job but i could not figure it out .Could you please help me on this.

Its very urgent.You can mail kartbeat2001@gmail.com

Thanks,
Karthick B
Thanks,
Karthick B
email to kartbeat2001@gmail.com
daignault
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by daignault »

A couple of assumptions:

1) The datastage engine lies on a 3rd (un-named) platform
2) In Designer, you attempt to open a job and drag the Oracle icon (or drill into the Oracle icon) and the job hangs.
3) The Oracle icon on your desktop pallet does not appear to look like an electric socket.

I believe that it is your PC that is having the problem and not the Datastage engine. Since others are able to submit the same job as you, but you seem to lock up on the job it points to your computer.

I would suggest doing a complete uninstall of the client on your workstation. Then, reboot the system to deregister the DLLs. Finally, make sure you have deleted the directory where you had installed the DS client and reinstall the software.

Finally, I wanted to let you know that this forum is populated by Datastage professionals who care about the product and in assisting others. We answer the questions as best we can noting that we all have full time work we are doing. Sending emails to the webmaster does not get a quicker response to the forum.

Hope this helps. Please post your results!

Regards,

Ray Daignault
kartbeat2001
Participant

Post by kartbeat2001 »

Hi Ray,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

First of all datastage engine lies on UNIX platform
In designer,I tried to open an oracle stage in an existing job activity and after that Designer freezes

I accept that problem is with my PC because i run the same job with my same id in another PC successfully.But i dont know why its freezing in my PC alone

I did uninstalling the complete software and installed it again. But still its not working.

Even I tried uninstalling Oracle and reinstalled in my machine.That also does not work

Do I have to change anything in registry or do I have to apply any patch?

Please guide.Thanks
Thanks,
Karthick B
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

daignault wrote:Sending emails to the webmaster does not get a quicker response to the forum.
Bad boy Kart, naughty naughty. :P

Now... when you uninstalled, was it a complete uninstall as Ray mentioned? The would involve uninstalling, rebooting, removing all directory traces, using regedit to remove all Ascential keys and then rebooting again. Lastly, reinstall the client. Maybe even boot again for Uncle Bill.

And not sure about the Oracle on your machine comments, DataStage won't use it so it shouldn't affect anything.

ps. There's no patch for this. XP Service Pack 2, yes. Designer crashing editing a Sequence, yes. This... nope.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kartbeat2001
Participant

Post by kartbeat2001 »

thanks for the reply

I completely uninstalled ,removed all the folders ,deleted the registry keys of Ascential datastage folder,restarted the machine,installed data stage again.still its not working

did i missed anything?
Thanks,
Karthick B
kartbeat2001
Participant

Post by kartbeat2001 »

some issues with my user account.so its deleted and recreated.its working fine now
Thanks,
Karthick B
hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hsahay »

DataStage Designer appear to hang when
it tries to display a stage using invalid screen coordinates.
This will happen every time you try to open a particular kind
of stage.
The solution is to remove the saved screen coordinates
from the Windows Registry.

Close the Designer.
Use regedit to delete this key (and its subkeys):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, Ascential Software, DataStage Client,
Designer

Then open a new Designer and test.
vishal