File Pattern in Sequential Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shiva459
Premium Member
Premium Member

File Pattern in Sequential Stage

Post by shiva459 »

Hello

I'm using file pattern in sequential file stage but facing issue with column names.

File1
Name,Job
abc,Manager

File2
Name,Job
zyx,President

I'm getting out put as

abc,Manager
Name,Job
zyx,President

I have picked first line is column name as true. How to skip the column names from other files?.

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would think that should happen automatically, i.e. that it should skip the first record of each file, not just the first file. Smells like a bug to me.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As soon as you choose File Pattern as the read mode, First Line is Column Names property becomes invalidated. You even get an advisory message box telling you that this is the case. On that basis I don't believe you can call it a bug. Add a reject link to the Sequential File stage to capture the header lines (which will presumably not comply with the record schema of the detail lines).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ah... would have been nice to know about the advisory message box. So, no bug but rather 'Working As Designed' as they say.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers