Datastage Column Import Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sharma
Premium Member
Premium Member

Datastage Column Import Stage

Post by sharma »

I have created a simple job using Column Import stage to imports data from a single column and outputs it to one or more columns.

I used Sequential file to read data,Column Import Stage to import data from 1 column to multiple column and Target database.

But when i run the job it gives me an error:"Column_Import_1: The number of attached output data sets (1) differs from APT_Operator::setOutputDataSets() arg (2)."

Can somebody help me in resolving this issue.
Nirmal Sharma
senthilt1
Participant

Post by senthilt1 »

Hi All,

I too faced the same issue as below, and found out the mistake.
this problem is due to keeping the Rejected Mode = Output and not giving any reject link. If we keep Reject Mode = Continue, We wont be getting this issue.

Thanks,

Senthil P
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What happens if the Rejected Mode is Output and you do have a reject link?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
senthilt1
Participant

Post by senthilt1 »

Hi Ray,

If we set Rejected Mode =Output then we need to keep a Reject file for that Reject Output. If we dont have reject file but the Mode set as Rejected Mode=Output then it shows the error messages as...

"Column_Import_1: The number of attached output data sets (1) differs from APT_Operator::setOutputDataSets() arg (2)"

Thanks,

Senthil P
senthilt1
Participant

Post by senthilt1 »

Hi Ray,

Sorry, I dint answer to your question correctly,

If we have a reject link, then it is not giving any issues for
rejected mode = output.

Hopefully all the rejects coming out of Col Import stage would get into the reject link.

Thanks,

Senthil P
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That is my understanding also. The settings have to be compatible - Output with reject link, or something other than Output and no reject link.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.