Oracle Enterprise stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajkraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oracle Enterprise stage

Post by rajkraj »

Hi,

we are trying to load a cobol file into a oracle table (with 600 columns in table).we just Insert rows into the table.
We use the write Method Upsert and then select the Upsert mode as 'User defined update only',and write the Insert statement in there.But since table has many columns the whole insert
statement does not fit in the space assigned.
Any idea how to over come this issue.

I am unable to use the Write Method as Load as we do not have the sql loader set up.

Thanks
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

whole insert statement does not fit in the space assigned.
how big is your sql.
can you post the sql here.[/quote]
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

keshav0307 - that might take up needless storage; I think we get the picture. But I would like to know which limit you have reached - that of the DS-Window or some Oracle limit? How long is your SQL?

rajkraj - can you see things to strip away in your SQL? shorter column names? schema.table.column type references which might work with just "column"? Long colum names you can alias?
rajkraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rajkraj »

when i save the sql in notepad the size is 33 kB.
Thanks Arnd, I just have the column names,not in the form of schema.table.column.
Is there any other way than changing the column names .
when we insert values into columns as ORCHESTRATE.<column value> in the Insert statement that is taking some space.(But i guess we cannot avoid it.)

Thanks
rajkraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rajkraj »

Arnd, Am I right,that we do not have to specify the column names in insert into statement if you are entering all column values in the same order i.e Insert into xxx values ............
I think that would help.
I will try this.

Thanks
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

yes that is right, datastage also insert in the same way you insert into SQLPLUS.
rajkraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rajkraj »

That worked.