Implicit conversion from source type "int32" to re

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

santhooosh.c
Participant

Implicit conversion from source type "int32" to re

Post by santhooosh.c »

Hi Buddies,

help me to get out the warning

Implicit conversion from source type "int32" to result type "string[max=6]": Converting number to string.

trying to convert int (2) to varchar(6), in modify stage, not able to find suitable function name
Santhosh
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

There are two options. You can use DS message handling to demote this warning to informational or even suppress it, or you can use a DecimalToString() conversion (I will assume that you are asking about a transform stage conversion as opposed to a modify stage one).
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is no such thing as int(2). You have an int32 with a display width of 2. The largest possible int32 has 11 characters. This will not fit in a string[6] and therefore DataStage generates this alert. You may have knowledge about your data that might allow you to use int16, where six characters in the string would be sufficient.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.