Error ORACLE ENTERPRISE STAGE

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sorry, but I'm curious which part of the message is unclear? The Enterprise Stage is documented as requiring certain unique privileges to be able to operate, privileges that your user does not have.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sampitke1
Participant

Post by sampitke1 »

Yeah as per the error message it is clear that I need "select" permission on the view. However I am confused because the same view (with the same login credentials) I can access from any other availabe stages for database.(Both Server and Parallel). I am facing this error only for ORACLE ENTERPRISE STAGE In PX.

Do we need a specific permission to access table / view from Oracle using Oracle Enterprise Stage in PX?

I am using "Remote Server" .

[quote="chulett"]Sorry, but I'm curious which part of the message is unclear? The Enterprise Stage is documented as requiring certain unique privileges to be able to operate, privileges that your user does not have.[/quote]
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yes, the grants needed are specific to the Oracle Enterprise stage because of how it operates. There are several "sys" grants you will need, all are documented.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sampitke1
Participant

Problem Resolved

Post by sampitke1 »

Hi Chulett,

Thanks for your reply. My problem is resolved with the information that you have provided.

Thanks a lot once again.

Regards
Sameer

[quote="chulett"]Yes, the grants needed are [i]specific[/i] to the Oracle Enterprise stage because of how it operates. There are several "sys" grants you will need, all are documented. ...[/quote]