DB2 Enterprise Stage with Transformer Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sanjumsm
Premium Member
Premium Member

DB2 Enterprise Stage with Transformer Stage

Post by sanjumsm »

Hi all,

We require to bifurgate data into 4 datasets based on a condition from a table.For which we tried the following method.

Job Design:

DB2 Stage-->Transformer Stage-->Dataset

But while compiling the job it is giving the following error message :
"A configuration file(APT_CONFIG_FILE) must be set up to compile a Parallel transformer stage."

Please let me know if there is any resolution for this error or do we need to modify the design like below

Job1:
DB2 Stage -->Dataset
Job2:
Dataset-->TRansformer-->Dataset1,Dataset2,Dataset3,Dataset4

Thanks in advance
sanjeev kumar
sanjumsm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sanjumsm »

In the design we have used parameter set. In that we have defined the config file for $APT_CONFIG_FILE. This is giving problem while compiling the job. If we include $APT_CONFIG_FILE again in job parameter then also it is giving error saying duplicate config. file.
sanjeev kumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You possibly have a duplicate node name in your configuration file.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

sanjumsm wrote:But while compiling the job it is giving the following error message :
"A configuration file(APT_CONFIG_FILE) must be set up to compile a Parallel transformer stage."

Please let me know if there is any resolution for this error or do we need to modify the design like below
Please check what is the default value given to that Enviroment Variable $APT_CONFIG_FILE in that project using Administrator.

If the default value is not given for $APT_CONFIG_VALUE and the default config file(config.apt) is not found in the Working directory and in $APT_ORCHHOME/etc, DataStage will throw an error message like below if we attempt to even compile the Parallel Job having Transformer Stage.
Error message wrote:A configuration file(APT_CONFIG_FILE) must be set up to compile a Parallel transformer stage
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

<pedantic>
You can't bifurcate into four.
</pedantic>
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

ray.wurlod wrote:<pedantic>
</pedantic>
Could you please let me stay in the meaning of your words here?
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

ag_ram wrote:If the default value is not given for $APT_CONFIG_VALUE and the default config file(config.apt) is not found in the Working directory and in $APT_ORCHHOME/etc, DataStage will throw an error message like below if we attempt to even compile the Parallel Job having Transformer Stage.
Error message wrote:A configuration file(APT_CONFIG_FILE) must be set up to compile a Parallel transformer stage
Any reason what this error message conveys at first.(why there must be a need for parallel Engine to have look at Config file on compiling a Parallel Job having Transformer Stage)

Note: If we dont have config file in the mentioned paths apprantly and compile a parallel Job which does not have a Transformer Stage inside, the Job gets compiled well.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

ag_ram wrote:
</pedantic>
Could you please let me stay in the meaning of your words here?
The "bi" in "bifurcate" means "two".
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

</pedantic>
I hardly understand what you said, ray.wurlod. Would you like to explain it further?
mahadev.v
Participant

Post by mahadev.v »

Bifurcate means cutting into halves. That means two parts. and so bifurcate into 4 makes no sense and the word is used out of context. Ray is pointing it out. Nothing related to the actual topic i guess.
"given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow" - Eric S. Raymond
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

mahadev.v wrote:Bifurcate means cutting into halves. That means two parts. and so bifurcate into 4 makes no sense and the word is used out of context. Ray is pointing it out. Nothing related to the actual topic i guess.
ray.wurlod - Is this you wanted to convey? please confirm.

I dont think that he might mean this because that post is highly relevant to the topic.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It is precisely my meaning, and my post is totally off topic. I added <pedantic> tags to try to indicate that this is the case.
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

Author will feel the relevance.

And I feel that there is no need to say any post as offtopic for no cause.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You are entitled to your opinion.

I, on the other hand, rejoice in having a sense of humour.
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

ray.wurlod wrote:You are entitled to your opinion.

I, on the other hand, rejoice in having a sense of humour.
Let me render a high respect to you by having given a humorous gesture.

And would like to ask you a question - Would be able to provide a valid reason for my statements being consiered as superfluous since i did indulge myself into an experiment?