File Showing wrong count

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nilesh_kant
Participant

File Showing wrong count

Post by nilesh_kant »

Hi,

i am reading data from a sequential file with "First Row is Column name" set as true.The file has 100 records including the header. But the count in the link while running the job is showing as 100. ideally it should show as 99. The same file when i am running in other enviornment(Dev) i am able to see correct count i.e 99. Please tell why its behaving diferently in different enviornments.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The header IS a row, and therefore is properly included in the row count, if "First line is column names" is False.
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nilesh_kant
Participant

Post by nilesh_kant »

Ray,

The option "First Line is column names" is set to True which should mean that the header should not be taken as count while showing the total reords count. Also as I mentioned earlier When I am running the same job in different enviornment I am able to see correct count in the link coming out of the file. So is it enviormrnt issue or something else.

Any inputs on this willl be of grt help.

Thanks in Advance..
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

ray.wurlod wrote:The header IS a row, and therefore is properly included in the row count.
The header is NOT counted as a row if we set "First Line is column names" true.
nilesh_kant wrote:is it enviormrnt issue or something else.
It would NOT be an environment issue. Please check that option in the Sequential File Stage with a proper recompilation.