Information Server Console logon error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

xli
Charter Member
Charter Member

Information Server Console logon error

Post by xli »

Hi, I have installed Information Server ver8.0.1 on solaris 9, client softwares on Windows XP.

Now, I am trying to logon IS console to configure settings by using suite administator user, it failed login along with error :

IBM.Mozart.Platform.UserAuthenticationException: Unknown ---> com.ascential.acs.registration.client.FileLockException: Could not acquire lock on file "C:\IBM\InformationServer\ASBNode\conf\registered-servers.xml".
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at IBM.Mozart.Platform.Session.ServerSession.Authenticate(String username, String password, String host, Int32 port)
at IBM.Mozart.Platform.MozartIdentity.Authenticate()
at IBM.Mozart.Platform.DefaultSecurityManager.Login(IIdentity identity)
at IBM.Mozart.UI.Security.LoginDialog.AttemptLogon()

I wonder if any one had experienced this problem. please advice what the problem is.

many thanks

xli
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

That is a nasty problem - this happens at V8 when your user doesn't have admin rights. The files are created by someone with Admin privileges on your PC and don't give you sufficient privileges on the file. Have the admin grant you RW rights on that xml file.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Installation on Windows XP (while not supported) must be performed by the Administrator user - not any other member of the Administrators group. It is wise to have set up an IIS administrator user ID (such as isadmin), a DataStage administrator user ID (such as dsadm), and a DB2 administrator user ID (such as db2admin) as operating system users prior to starting the installation.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
xli
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by xli »

Yes, exactly what I presumed

It has been resolved by asking my admin to grant me suitable permissions to all files and folds under c:\IBM

Thanks for all your comments

Regards

xli