Scheduling more than one instance of same Job does nothing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

IPD
Premium Member
Premium Member

Scheduling more than one instance of same Job does nothing

Post by IPD »

I added a job to the scheduler. Then I want to add another instance of that job to the scheduler but nothing happened..it took the input but only showed the first instance I set up. No error messages as far as I can tell.

This was against a sequence job. Is this a bug or is there some setting to allow this to happen?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Did you add the instance name to the job name when you did this?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:? Shouldn't really matter, and there's no setting as any job can be added to the Schedule multiple times, MI or not. Not really sure why you are seeing what you are seeing.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you take a look at your crontab entries on UNIX, to see whether it's a problem in how Director's schedule view is working?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hello105
Participant

Re: Scheduling more than one instance of same Job does nothi

Post by hello105 »

Do you set the invocation id?

I have added a job in the scheduler two times,one i set the invocation id to 1,another is 2, so in the scheduler,i have two instance:jobname.1 and jobname.2
IPD wrote:I added a job to the scheduler. Then I want to add another instance of that job to the scheduler but nothing happened..it took the input but only showed the first instance I set up. No error messages as far as I can tell.

This was against a sequence job. Is this a bug or is there some setting to allow this to happen?
IPD
Premium Member
Premium Member

think i found the issue

Post by IPD »

It appears I can create multiple schedules, as long as I select Every or Daily. But if I try to add more than one of usng NEXT, Tomorrow, or Today...it will not allow it.

Is this the expected behaviour?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hmmm... perhaps. The 'every' or 'daily' schedules would be support by cron and thus would be able to handle multiple occurrences. One time schedules are handled by 'at' and perhaps it can only do so once per job. I don't recall ever having that problem but then I've never used DataStage on AIX and perhaps that is a factor here.

Can you ask an SysAdmin about that?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers