SQL Server as target

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mydsworld
Participant

SQL Server as target

Post by mydsworld »

I am using a ODBC Enterprise stage to connect to a SQL server.Now the operation I would like to perform is 'Delete then Insert'. The requirement is to clear the table then insert.But somehow I am getting error while doing that.I can do 'Insert Only' and 'Delete Only' separately, but not 'Delete then Insert'.The error in Director :

APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: /bin/echo: write error: Broken pipe
APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Operator terminated abnormally: received signal SIGSEGV
main_program: Step execution finished with status = FAILED.

Please help.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

We do not attempt to diagnose errors from APT_CombinedOperatorController. You have been posting here long enough to know that, and what to do about it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
josh.guffey
Participant

Post by josh.guffey »

Change your ODBC Enterprise to a Dynamic RDBMS stage. In the Update Action drop down of the Input/General tab you can choose "Truncate table then insert rows" or you could write your own custom before SQL that will be executed before the table is loaded. Under the SQL tab there is a before section where this can be accomplished.

Hope this helps.

Josh