Sparse Lookup

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Subhasree
Participant

Sparse Lookup

Post by Subhasree »

Hi All,

I have used Sparse lookup in my referance table.How to construct SQL Statement in referance ODBC for Sparse lookup?

By default it is auto generated as follows :

SELECT
eid,
name,
address
FROM
a.Emp WHERE (eid= ORCHESTRATE.eid
AND name = ORCHESTRATE.name) with UR

For the above,looup is working fine for the initial load of records.But when the same records come from the Source for the second time the lookup is not matching the records.I think it is the problem with the generated SQL query in the reference ODBC.

Please correct me if im wrong.And help me how to construct a SQL Query in reference ODBC?
Thanks.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It the same query works one run and not another with the same data, I would start looking for the error in the incoming data. Or do you modify the table used for the lookup?
Last edited by ArndW on Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Subhasree
Participant

Re: Sparse Lookup

Post by Subhasree »

Hi

No changes are done either in the target table or in the source table.I have just rerun the job.So if i rerun the job it should get matched with the records in the target table.But it is not happening.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

This is my point. If you haven't changed your reference data between runs, then the different results must be due to changed input data. Perhaps the 2nd run lookup keys have extra trailing spaces?