job abort with an error never seen before

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

job abort with an error never seen before

Post by kirankota79 »

can anyone tell me what following error means:

main_program: conductor node FTWS1LSDMA0#1# E uT#nF#k#P#nEMEo wn0TT 0FFPM 00Pv01Mi04 a150 4 0g5 0e111t774h::5o02 s0:1t257b:3(y5:0n300a(00m200e:));5 3<<h(mm_00aer0iar)nin _no<_p mpr= roa0ogi
grnrama_>mp cr>on odcguorcnatomdr nou>de c ctFoor TndWnuSoc1dtLeoSDr M nAFo0Td1 e unFWkTSnWSo11wLLnSS DDviMMaAA 00g11e tuuhnnokksnntbownoynw an via gvmethostbyneiaa m;geth eosth; _bhey_rnerarnmroen ; h_er=or no = 0
0=

main_program: Accept timed out retries = 16

main_program: The section leader on FTWS1LSDMA01 died

main_program: **** Parallel startup failed ****
This is usually due to a configuration error, such as
not having the Orchestrate install directory properly
mounted on all nodes, rsh permissions not correctly
set (via /etc/hosts.equiv or .rhosts), or running from
a directory that is not mounted on all nodes. Look for
error messages in the preceding output.

main_program: Step started on node FTWS1LSDMA01; it uses 4 nodes.
The program running the step is /D=/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/bin/osh.exe.

main_program: The ORCHESTRATE startup program in /D=/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/etc/standalone.sh is being used.

main_program: A startup script is not being used.

main_program: The TCP port being used for startup is 10000; the associated socket number is 4.

main_program: rsh issued, no response received

main_program: Unable to contact one or more Section Leaders.
Probable configuration problem; contact Orchestrate system administrator.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You seem to have "network unavailable" or "node unavailable" issues. Involve your network administrator. Test connectivity first with ping then with rsh.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

some jobs are already running without any problem, but the new jobs that i am trying to run gets aborted. Our server has 4 nodes. Does that means that the 4 nodes are occupied with the jobs already running and unable to accomadate new job? Please let me know.
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

kirankota79 wrote:some jobs are already running without any problem, but the new jobs that i am trying to run gets aborted. Our server has 4 nodes. Does that means that the 4 nodes are occupied with the jobs already running and unable to accomadate new job? Please let me know.

i am also planning to create sequencer for all the jobs. Can i run some jobs parallel and some of them sequentially in the same sequencer. i have around 1000 jobs and please suggest me the best way to create sequencer.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can create a Sequencer simply by dragging its icon into a Job Sequence.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.