Error During View Data in DB2_UDB_ENTERPRISE Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

GSIDSXGrp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error During View Data in DB2_UDB_ENTERPRISE Stage

Post by GSIDSXGrp »

Hi,
I am trying to view data in DB2_UDB_ENTERPRISE stage. I am getting following error

##E IIS-DSEE-TOSH-00205 16:06:52(005) <main_program> PATH search failure:
##E IIS-DSEE-TOSH-00384 16:06:52(006) <main_program> Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "db2read"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers
##E IIS-DSEE-TCOS-00029 16:06:52(008) <main_program> Creation of a step finished with status = FAILED.

Following is the steps I have done prior to View Data in DB2_UDB_ENTERPRISE stage.
1. Import table definition using ODBC.
2. Loaded table on the dslink
3. In Properties Tab --> Read Method = "Auto Generated"
4. SQL Query --> this contains the SQL select query
5. Table --> MyTable

What could be the reason. Any advice to fix this up.

Regards,
-Sumit C
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What do you understand from the words in the error messages?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
GSIDSXGrp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by GSIDSXGrp »

It says "Path Search Failure"
But in my environment variables under General category my path variables are already set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH = /usr/lib:.
PATH = /usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:.

I am new to Datastage enviornment.
Could you please help me out and let me know what more to fix.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Your PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are missing all of the settings usually added by sourcing the "dsenv" script; where did you check these? The first line of the direcotr log file of a job run will show you the environment settings that were used, so perhaps instead of "view data" you can compile and run the job and get this information.
GSIDSXGrp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by GSIDSXGrp »

After installation of Datastage we are for the first time trying to connect dB2 files. So we might be missing some of the setup. Do we need to do some setup on iSeries (AS/400) Box too?

following are the settings as copied from Director Event Detail

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/Projects/scmdev/buildop:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/lib:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/bin:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/DSParallel:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/user_lib:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/lib:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/Projects/scmdev/RT_BP17.O:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/branded_odbc/lib:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/lib:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/uvdlls:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/bin:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/bin/classic:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/ASBNode/lib/cpp:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/proxy/cpp/linux-all-x86:/db/app/oracle/product/10.2/lib32:/lib:/usr/lib:.

LIBPATH=/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/lib:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/lib:/db/app/oracle/product/10.2/lib32:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/branded_odbc/lib:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/lib:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/bin:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/lib:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/uvdlls:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/bin:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/bin/classic:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/ASBNode/lib/cpp:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/proxy/cpp/linux-all-x86:/db/app/oracle/product/10.2/lib32:

PATH=/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/Projects/scmdev/wrapped:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/Projects/scmdev/buildop:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/Projects/scmdev/RT_BP17.O:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/lib:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/bin:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/DSParallel:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/user_osh_wrappers:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/osh_wrappers:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/bin:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/branded_odbc/bin:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/ASBNode/lib/cpp:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/proxy/cpp/vc60/MT_dllbin:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/lib:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/bin:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/lib:/db/app/oracle/product/10.2/bin:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/branded_odbc/bin:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/ASBNode/lib/cpp:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/proxy/cpp/vc60/MT_dllbin:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/lib:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/bin:/app/DataStage/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/lib:/db/app/oracle/product/10.2/bin:/app/DataStage/home/dsadm/bin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I can't recall all the steps and settings offhand, but at least your environment values look better. What is the error in the logfile?
GSIDSXGrp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by GSIDSXGrp »

Following error are captured in Directors Event Detail

FATAL: main_program: PATH search failure:
FATAL: main_program: Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "db2read"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers

WARNING: main_program: Operator db2read does not exist in the registry.
FATAL: main_program: Creation of a step finished with status = FAILED.

I have already pasted the PATH we are using in my previous reply.

Please advice.
Are we missing something in iSeries Box?
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

I don't see any required entries for DB2 in your PATH AND LD_LIBRARAY_PATH. You don't need the LIBPATH.
GSIDSXGrp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by GSIDSXGrp »

Hi Istsaur,
May I know what are the required entries for DB2 in my PATH AND LD_LIBRARAY_PATH.
Madhavan VM
Participant

Post by Madhavan VM »

I am sure you would have created an ODBC connection for DB2 in the ODBC connections, but, wanted to check on it.
warm regards,
Ajith GK
GSIDSXGrp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by GSIDSXGrp »

When I am trying to connect my db2 files using ODBC connector stage its working fine. I am able to read my file. But the issue is when I am trying to use DB2_UDB_ENTERPRISE as a stage I am getting error