Writing Job Log in a file using UNIX script

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Roopanwita
Participant

Writing Job Log in a file using UNIX script

Post by Roopanwita »

Hi,
My requirement is to write a UNIX script which will write the job status ( will capture actual msg like, if it is aborted ,it will capture Fatal error msg line) in a file.

I searched in DSXCHANGE,got some info also but i m unable to use info properly.(wrote a script ,but it is not working)

Also,the Script I got from DSXchange,a fn TimeStamp is used,my qn is that IS TIMESTAMP a UNIX FN?

Can anybody please help me out.

Thanks,
ArndW
Participant

Re: Writing Job Log in a file using UNIX script

Post by ArndW »

Roopanwita wrote:...(wrote a script ,but it is not working)...
It would be helpful if you could post the part of the script that isn't working along with a description of the problem.
Roopanwita
Participant

Post by Roopanwita »

I wrote a script n I have provided proper connection detail,still it is throwing error "Unable to connect to project" (I am passing Project name as parameter)
Also, throwing error "Improper redirection " in stage of checking ,if file already exists or not.
Last edited by Roopanwita on Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Can you put an echo of the command itself with values in your script and then manually try to execute the same "dsjob" command?