Capture the Director job run stats in excel

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pimmit22043
Participant

Capture the Director job run stats in excel

Post by pimmit22043 »

Hi

I need some help from experts.

is there any way we can store or copy the director jobs run stats like
job name,ondate ,last run,elapsed time etc into EXCEL.

thanks in advance.
pim
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

I feel i can help you a bit, though not an expert.

Create a Before/After subroutine which does call DSGetJobInfo for getting all necessary information and have function WriteSeq to write them into a Sequential file then calls a Job which writes data Sequential file to Excel sheet using ODBC Stage.

But in Server Job, you can just copy the Performance Statistics shown in Director Log and paste into Excel to see the following information(Name, Percent, Count, Minimum, Average)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

To use ag_ram's approach you will also need a third-party ODBC driver for Microsoft Excel.

Unless you have one of these, you will almost certainly need to stage your data somewhere (such as a CSV file or a SQL Server table) from which Excel can retrieve them.

The ETLStats utilities that you can download from Kim Duke's website will to the process metadata gathering for you and can dump the same in CSV format. Why re-invent the wheel?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.