Parallel Routines

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nirmala84
Participant

Parallel Routines

Post by Nirmala84 »

Hi,

i'm facing the following error when i try running the paralel routine with a object file created in the path mentioned in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

The error is as follows:

[b]Transformer_2: Failed to load the library "V0S2_Untitled1_Transformer_2.so"; either the directory containing the library file
is not on the library search path, or the library was compiled on a system
that is incompatible with this system: Could not load "V0S2_Untitled1_Transformer_2": /etrade/pkgs/linux/intel/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Projects/ANALYZERPROJECT/RT_BP65.O/V0S2_Untitled1_Transformer_2.so: undefined symbol: _Z3dt1i.[/b]
UweOdrich
Participant

Post by UweOdrich »

Hi,

I understand your message as follows. You have entered a external C++ function as parallel routine. Unfortunately the library file will not be checked if you do this. When the parameters of the routine definition in datastage are not identical to parameters of the function in the library no error message is shown. But when you use the routine in the transformer the error is coming up.

As mentioned in the designer help, you must compile the external library with a c++ compiler, not with the C - compiler.
c++ stores the parameters of the function as part of the function name. You can see the names of the functions,which are in the library if you use the tool nm. Compare these names with the names in your error message. If there is a difference, then your routine definition is not correct.

Regards

Uwe