Compilation issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dnat
Participant

Compilation issue

Post by dnat »

Hi,

When i try to compile a parallel job it gives me the following error messages.

##I TLIC 000002 05:59:43(000) <APT_LicenseCheckOp in APT_LicenseOperator,0> Node 'etldev1' has 12 physical processors.
##W TLIC 000003 05:59:43(001) <APT_LicenseCheckOp in APT_LicenseOperator,0> DataStage has found more CPU's on your system than your current license allows.
##W TLIC 000004 05:59:43(002) <APT_LicenseCheckOp in APT_LicenseOperator,0> Please contact Ascential Client Support or your Ascential Account Manager.
##W TCOS 000049 05:59:43(000) <main_program> Parameter specified but not used in flow: DSPXWorkingDir
##E TBLD 000000 05:59:43(002) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Subprocess command failed with exit status 65,280.
##E TFSR 000019 05:59:43(003) <main_program> Could not check all operators because of previous error(s)
##W TFCP 000000 05:59:43(004) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: The number of reject datasets "0" is less than the number of input datasets "1".
##W TBLD 000000 05:59:43(005) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: Couldn't change directory to /dataint/tmp: No such file or directory

##I TFCP 000000 05:59:43(006) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: /usr/vacpp/bin/xlC_r -O -I/landing01/dataint/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/include -O -c -qspill=32704 /dataint/cvid/dev/datastage/projects/cvid_uat/RT_BP379.O/V0S44_test_Transformer_44.C -o /dataint/cvid/dev/datastage/projects/cvid_uat/RT_BP379.O/V0S44_test_Transformer_44.tmp.o.
##E TCOS 000029 05:59:43(007) <main_program> Creation of a step finished with status = FAILED. (test.Transformer_44)

I searched this forum and it is evident that there is an issue with C++ compiler.

But , i am confused because, i could find that the C++ compiler is installed properly in the unix server.

Also we have dev and uat environments configured in the same unix server and the settings for both dev and uat looks the same when i view through Datastage administrator.

dev environment has no problem, but only the uat environment has issues in compiling.

Can someone help.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How do you know that "the C++ compiler is properly installed" on the UNIX system (and that environment variables such as PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH properly refer to it)? Which particular C++ compiler is installed? What settings do you have for APT_COMPILER, APT_COMPILER_OPTIONS, APT_LINKER and APT_LINKER_OPTIONS environment variables in the UAT environment?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dnat
Participant

Post by dnat »

i have both the dev and uat environments in the same unix server. since there is no issue with the dev, i am not sure why it is giving issues in uat. That is why i confirmed that c++ compiler is installed properly.
dsadm333
Participant

Post by dsadm333 »

Hi all,

maybe the answer is a bit late, but today we have experienced the same behaviour.

When trying to compile a job with transformer stage(s) the exactly same error occured, which is reported in this thread:
##E TBLD 000000 05:59:43(002) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Subprocess command failed with exit status 65,280.
[...]
##W TBLD 000000 05:59:43(005) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: Couldn't change directory to /data/scratch: No such file or directory

It turns out, that we have transferred the DSParams from a source system to a target system. On the source system the directory "/data/scratch" were existent, but on the target-system no such directory were available. After editing the variable TMPDIR in the DataStage-Environment-Variables for the concerned DataStage-Project from "/data/scratch" to a directory-name, that is even existent on the target-system the compilation-process ran fine!

An "easy" transformation even ran fine with a no valid/existent directory-value for the variable TMPDIR - so I think this directory is only neccessary if you have more complex transformations within your Transformer-Stage, that try to "outsource" something to the TMPDIR and hence need access to this directory.

Best regards,
Florian.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The directory referred to by TMPDIR is only used if scratch space fills.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.