Can we define $ APT_CONFIG_FILE as $PROJDEF?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

peddidsx
Premium Member
Premium Member

Can we define $ APT_CONFIG_FILE as $PROJDEF?

Post by peddidsx »

Hi All,
Can we define $ APT_CONFIG_FILE as $PROJDEF? The reason why i am raising this question is,when i tried to use $ APT_CONFIG_FILE as $PROJDEF
i am getting warning as 'uanble to parse configuration file' at the stage level in the inputs/outputs tab.Could you please confirm whether we can use or can not use $PROJDEF?
Thanks in advance,
PEDDI
throbinson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by throbinson »

Yes at Runtime
NO at Design time.

The config file defined by $PROJDEF will not be available in Designer but the job will run. Therefore unless you need the functionality in the GUI to define pools, restrict stages to a node, etc. then $PROJDEF will work in the job just fine.
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

if you want to assign the $APT_CONFIG_FILE=$PROJDEF, then why do you need that parameter in job. the job will anyway take the project default configuration file
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In case: (a) the project default is different in production/test/development (which it is likely to be), and (b) you want - for example for unit testing purposes - to run once using a different configuration.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
peddidsx
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by peddidsx »

ray.wurlod wrote:In case: (a) the project default is different in production/test/development (which it is likely to be), and (b) you want - for example for unit testing purposes - to run once using a different configuration.
In my case the path of the default configuration file is different from dev to test.This is the reason why i opted for $PROJDEF so that there will be no need to change configuration file path at run time.
Rajesh Peddi
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Can we define $ APT_CONFIG_FILE as $PROJDEF?

Post by ag_ram »

peddidsx wrote:i am getting warning as 'uanble to parse configuration file' at the stage level in the inputs/outputs tab.
Did you get status OK when you check your default configuration file using config file checker in Manager?
peddidsx
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Can we define $ APT_CONFIG_FILE as $PROJDEF?

Post by peddidsx »

ag_ram wrote:
peddidsx wrote:[/b] at the stage level in the inputs/outputs tab.
Did you get status OK when you check your default configuration file using config file checker in Manager?
Yes,the status is OK for the default config file
Rajesh Peddi