Make SubRecord Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

senthilt1
Participant

Make SubRecord Stage

Post by senthilt1 »

Hi Friends,

I want to use the Make Subrecord Stage,

I have my flow like, Seqfilestage->Makesubrecordstg->seqfilestg

I have four inp cols, one is key col and the rest are char field.

In Make sub rec stg, i have given non key cols as vector column for subrecord and the "parent" as the subrecord output column.

i dont find anyother option to use ....when i execute, it says parent is not the value field.

Please let me know how to use this stage to get the subrecord.

Thanks,
Senthil P
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you please post the record schemas for the input and output so that we can see more precisely what you are attempting to do ?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
senthilt1
Participant

Post by senthilt1 »

Thanks Ray,

My input data set has:

col datatype

Key integer (10)
ColA varchar(10)
ColB varchar(10)
ColC varchar(10)

Make SubRec Stage:

Under stage properties, i have given non key cols as vector column for subrecord and the "parent" as the subrecord output column.

In Input Stage,

col datatype

Key integer (10)
ColA varchar(10)
ColB varchar(10)
ColC varchar(10)

In output Stage,

Key integer (10)
parent varchar(10)

While executing it gives the error like, " Tgt_dataset: Operator initialization: A link between two operators should be named with a .v; insert a copy operator to save a persistent copy of the data"

I dint get this error info. Kindly let me know about this.

Thanks,

SenthilP
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Rather than the SQL data types I need to see the actual record schema, to be sure that you have defined the subrecord correctly. For example, how do you propose to shoehorn three VarChar(10) strings into one VarChar(10) parent?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.