DataStage Installation on XP Professional

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Azzuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage Installation on XP Professional

Post by Azzuri »

Posters have previously asked if DataStage will work on XP Pro. The Answer is yes. Follow the steps below:

Install

1. Microsoft Visual Studio .Net 2003
2. .Net 1.1
3. Install DataStage

I am able to run Parallel jobs using the the Transformer (Needs C++ to compile).

Hope this Helps
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You will not get any support from IBM if you do, even though you can get it to work.

Windows XP is simply not a supported platform for DataStage Server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

It causes problems when you have more than one developer on the box. Starts to corrupt the repository.
Mamu Kim
dsusr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: DataStage Installation on XP Professional

Post by dsusr »

Can you please tell us which version of DataStage you have tried to install. The reason why I am asking this is that I have tried installing DataStage 7.5.1 but it didn't work.

I later found out in one of the Readme files that only DataStage 7.5x2 can work on Windows XP Pro.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I had DataStage 7.5 running on Windows XP Professional, the version 7.5x2 is specifically for PX on Windows.
Azzuri
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Azzuri »

I Installed it on 7.5x2. I don't reccomend it for the work place. I use it for my own use bascially for training. One User and the Client and Server on one Laptop which is quite different than in a normal work place.