job aborted due to Timeout Expired

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ysrini9
Participant

job aborted due to Timeout Expired

Post by ysrini9 »

Hi all,

I load data from source which contains 60 lakhs of records.when i run that job getting error message as"ACCONTS_FACT:[DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver][libssclient21]Timeout Expired".pls help me out.

Thanks
srini
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

How long does it run before you get this message?
ysrini9
Participant

Post by ysrini9 »

This job running 2 hr 20 mins afterthat job aborted due to "Timeout Expired" warning message
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Have any rows gone down the ODBC link in that time? If not, it is an inactivity timer and perhaps you could make your job write to a file and then write a second job to load that file to the table.
ysrini9
Participant

Post by ysrini9 »

ArndW wrote:Have any rows gone down the ODBC link in that time? If not, it is an inactivity timer and perhaps you could make your job write to a file and then write a second job to load that file to the table. ...

yes, my source is DRS stage which contains 60 lacks of records...
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

How many rows get processed in DataStage before you get a timeout? I still think that you are doing a big SELECT that doesn't return anything and thus times out. The number of rows in the table isn't the factor here, but the time it takes to deliver might be.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ask if your database has any kind of 'inactivity timeout' settings, which can be triggered if no rows flow down a link for a period of time.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers