shared container problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

thumati.praveen
Participant

shared container problem

Post by thumati.praveen »

Hi All,

I made a small change in the shared container and recompiled what job using that shared container.But I am trying to run the job it is again asking to recompile job like this going on every time.When I closed the data stage session and open the new session then it is not asking for compilation.

what is the problem here I cont find out can any one face like this before please guide me to resolve the same.

Thanks in advance,
Praveen.
ArndW
Participant

Re: shared container problem

Post by ArndW »

thumati.praveen wrote:...But I am trying to run the job it is again asking to recompile job like this going on every time...
When it asks you to recompile it usually gives a reason, what is that? Also, are you using one designer instance for both the job and shared container?
thumati.praveen
Participant

Re: shared container problem

ArndW wrote:
thumati.praveen wrote:...But I am trying to run the job it is again asking to recompile job like this going on every time...
When it asks you to recompile it usually gives a reason, what is that? Also, are you using one designer instance for both the job and shared container?
Reason is the job reference shared container(s) chaged you must recompile the job.

First I changed the shared container and I saved and closed the shared container then I compile the reference job and I tried to run but it is asking again to recompile the job.

thanks,
Praveen.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

This is because shared containers are actually loaded and compiled into a job at compile time.
thumati.praveen
Participant

ArndW wrote:This is because shared containers are actually loaded and compiled into a job at compile time. ...
why it is asking againg before run the job?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you edit your job, open and edit the shared container in the job, then save the shared container and save the job you will only be asked to compile 1 time in the designer.
thumati.praveen
Participant

ArndW wrote:If you edit your job, open and edit the shared container in the job, then save the shared container and save the job you will only be asked to compile 1 time in the designer. ...
I was opend the sahred container direct from repository and I made changes and saved.If we will do in this it will give problem or what?