REmoving transformer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bikan
Premium Member
Premium Member

REmoving transformer

Post by bikan »

Hi,
I have job in which I am using transformer to to check whether particular value has onlly integer or not (I am using is Isvalid function). I am passing records only with integer value in particular col.
Now I want to replace transformer from this job, I there is any other stage ( modify, filter ) which perform same fumctionality.

Also can I use columns generator to create col having default as current timestamp.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is no other stage that can perform the functionality. Why do you want to replace the Transformer stage? That is it relatively inefficient compared to other stage types is no longer true (in versions 7.5 and later).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bikan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bikan »

okk....I thought transformer is not so efficient stage ..hence I want to get rid of it to improve performance :D
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

True in versions 6.0 through 7.1, no longer true. Keep it in.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.