Lookup Clarification

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

poornima.chandramouli
Participant

Lookup Clarification

Post by poornima.chandramouli »

I was doing a lookup with 6 diffferent referernces.

I was getting a warning like ignorning duplicates in the lookup.

I want the duplicates to be propagated to the next level.

How to achieve this.
Regards
DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DSRajesh »

Do you mean that need to capture the duplicates or you want to use in the next stage?
RD
devidotcom
Participant

Post by devidotcom »

You get this warning when your reference links have multiple matching records with input records. So DataStage randomly choose one of them and get the lookup value.

You can ignore this for only one of the reference links with an option on the condition tab of the lookup stage.

Devi
poornima.chandramouli
Participant

devidotcom wrote:You get this warning when your reference links have multiple matching records with input records. So DataStage randomly choose one of them and get the lookup value.

You can ignore this for only one of the reference links with an option on the condition tab of the lookup stage.

Devi
All my reference links have duplicate entries(only my master is unique),i've to carry over all the dupliacte entries,becoz i'll be again joining the output with another dataset.

So how to carry over all these duplicates?
Regards
poornima.chandramouli
Participant

DSRajesh wrote:Do you mean that need to capture the duplicates or you want to use in the next stage?
All my reference links have duplicate entries(only my master is unique),i've to carry over all the dupliacte entries,becoz i'll be again joining the output with another dataset.

So how to carry over all these duplicates?
Regards
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

In the lookup stage, get the details of the reference link and add the link name in the "multiple rows returned from link" drop down box. You can only do this for one link per lookup stage.