Problem with the lookup

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

poornima.chandramouli
Participant

Problem with the lookup

Post by poornima.chandramouli »

I've to do a lookup where the primary & reference link has a field with value like 'ABC',but the hit was not happening.

Since it was a varchar field, I tried triming the trailing & leading spaces,even after also that it was not working.

When i pass this field through a filter or tranformer with constraint like 'fileld=ABC' for both the primary & reference links before doing a lookup, the records with particular contraint was not getting filtered in the reference link.

What could be the problem.

Awaiting for your reply in this regard.
Regards
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you run the job with a 1-node configuration, or specify "entire partitioning" for the lookup link, do you still get the same problem?
poornima.chandramouli
Participant

Lookup Problem

ArndW wrote:If you run the job with a 1-node configuration, or specify "entire partitioning" for the lookup link, do you still get the same problem? ...

I was using $APT_STRING_PADCHAR environment variable in my job.
I found some spaces padded to that particular field,when i tried to trim it,the spaces are not getting trimmed.

Awaiting for your valuable feedback.
Regards
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What did you specify as your pad character. If a trim() function doesn't remove spaces from a VarChar() then you can be 100% certain that you don't have spaces in your string but some other character.
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

what is the reference source? is it a file set, dataset, database ??
poornima.chandramouli
Participant

keshav0307 wrote:what is the reference source? is it a file set, dataset, database ??
I trimmed this field in the source from where it was generated & propagated the field as varchar.

Now i was getting a valid hit.

Thanks for your Help.
Regards