Error installing Datastage 7.5 on Solaris

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

leeb
Participant

Error installing Datastage 7.5 on Solaris

Post by leeb »

Hello, I'm trying to install Datastage for the first time on a Solaris server and I'm getting this error that I can't resolve. I'm logged in as root and kicked off the install.sh file using the following:

# ./install.sh -admin psoftusr

After it does a few checks, I get an error message where it's about to kick off the setup executable:

sh: ./setup.: cannot execute
ERROR: reading return code in /tmp/dsinstall/.dsinstall

FYI: I copied the cd locally onto my server and have created the symbolic links to append a "." on the end of some files. AND I believe the directory permissions are set right.

Any ideas?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Error installing Datastage 7.5 on Solaris

Post by chulett »

leeb wrote:and have created the symbolic links to append a "." on the end of some files.
I'm curious why this step? And which 'some files'? I don't know beans about Solaris or what extra who-ha it may require, it was just that this struck me as odd and something that could cause the install script to fail.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
jseclen
Participant

Post by jseclen »

Hi Leeb,

I hope this help you ... when i install the DS enterprise in this case, will run in AIX server. the instalation crash in the N step (i dont remember what step), the problem, the CD files was copied into the server. When we run from the pishical cd rom mounted in the server, the instalation run ok ...

I think that you have this problem.
Saludos,

Miguel Seclén
Lima - Peru
leeb
Participant

Re: Error installing Datastage 7.5 on Solaris

Post by leeb »

chulett wrote:
leeb wrote:and have created the symbolic links to append a "." on the end of some files.
I'm curious why this step? And which 'some files'? I don't know beans about Solaris or what extra who-ha it may require, it was just that this struck me as odd and something that could cause the install script to fail.
The install guide said to create these symbolic links if you were to run it without mounting the install cd.
leeb
Participant

Post by leeb »

jseclen wrote:Hi Leeb,

I hope this help you ... when i install the DS enterprise in this case, will run in AIX server. the instalation crash in the N step (i dont remember what step), the problem, the CD files was copied into the server. When we run from the pishical cd rom mounted in the server, the instalation run ok ...

I think that you have this problem.
Thanks, I mounted the cd onto the Solaris box and I still get the same error. Any other ideas?

thanks!
John Smith
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by John Smith »

Hi,
What shell are you running? Try using Korn Shell (ksh).