odbc connection problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mystuff
Premium Member
Premium Member

odbc connection problem

Post by mystuff »

Hi ,

I have migrated a project from DS SE 7.5.1 to DS EE 7.5.3.

It worked well in the server edition but in Enterprise Edition iam getting an error while trying to view data from an ODBC Stage

jobHRMI_DWH_GRADE..SrctblGrade (OpenPath failed for - /41bdsadm/Ascential/DataStage/branded_odbc
):

jobHRMI_DWH_GRADE..SrctblGrade.lnk_Transformer_in: DSD.BCIOpenR call to OCONV failed.
Statement:
SELECT dbo.tblGrade.Grade_ID, dbo.tblGrade.chBACode, dbo.tblGrade.chLevel, dbo.tblGrade.chGrade FROM dbo.tblGrade, NLS mapname:
jobHRMI_DWH_GRADE..SrctblGrade.lnk_Transformer_in: DSD.BCIClose call to SQLDisconnect failed.

Added the DSN in odbc.ini and configured the uvodbc.config file in Project Directory.

Thanks in advance.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check permissions on /41bdsadm/Ascential/DataStage/branded_odbc and its subdirectories. You need at least read and execute.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mystuff
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mystuff »

Ray ,

I have read and execute permissions on /41bdsadm/Ascential/DataStage/branded_odbc and its subdirectories.

What could be the problem?

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The problem is internal to the ODBC stage. OpenPath is the BASIC function for opening a directory or pathed hashed file, and it is this that has thrown the first error message. Since you have read and execute permission, then something else is the cause. Did you check the permissions used by the executing user?

Otherwise this is one that you should give to your support provider, as it may be a bug. You could write a routine that attempts to open this branded_odbc directory using OpenPath, just to verify that it really is accessible. Make sure your OpenPath statement includes both On Error and Else clauses and reports any problem (for example via DSLogWarn).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.