Perl script is running for long time.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mary
Participant

Perl script is running for long time.

Post by mary »

Hi All

Thanks In advance...

the following is my scenario

i am calling 1st perl scrit in sequencer chich takes a sequential file as the input.This script will archvie this file to one location.in the next execute command activity i am calling another perl script which ftp s this file to another server.

My issue is the first perl script is running and the control is not comming out. In director the the sequncer is still running till the first script .But when i see the clean up job resources the last command processed it is showing is the second script.

I tried to remove the second script and run. then the first script went fine.
Anybody know the reason for this?
mary
Participant

Post by mary »

is there any restriction in running the perl script which uses Net::SCP from data stage?
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

There's no issue running command line programs. I guess the question should be asked what are your scripts doing and why do you think that DS is having a problem? DS just executes the commands - it's rather dumb about it. It waits until the command returns before the Sequence moves to the dependent links. If the script isn't returning, then I suggest you put auditing commands into your perl script to log messages at key milestones. Keep in mind that unix buffers text file output, so writing to a log file may not be current because of buffers. I suggest using a debug trick of "touch" creating milestone files to show progress thru a script.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
mary
Participant

Post by mary »

Thank you. It was problem with while loop in the perl script