SAP Idoc processing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mydsworld
Participant

SAP Idoc processing

Post by mydsworld »

I have the following problems while working with SAP plug-ins :

1. Though my DS job with Idoc Load stage runs successfully without any error, but the Idocs are not showing in SAP system (have the partner & destination partner profile configured).

2. How to check whether there is Listener configured (and running) for automatic processing of incoming Idocs to DS.

Thanks
ShaneMuir
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ShaneMuir »

So you go to transaction BD87 and the idocs are not there?
mydsworld
Participant

Post by mydsworld »

Yes, I can not find the Idocs with BD87.

The DS Director (performance statistics) shows job has ran successfully. But Idocs are not created surprisingly.

Please suggest.
mydsworld
Participant

Post by mydsworld »

Can you please let me know the following :

When we run a DS job with IDOC Load stage, What type of IDOC files are created in the IDOC Data Directory path.

Perhaps that can help me find out whether the DS job is generating the Idocs or not.
ShaneMuir
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ShaneMuir »

I haven't used a dsjob to create iDocs directly before, I usually go through SAP XI. If they are being call via an RFC look in SM58 (i think that is the one for failed RFC's) Also check WE02/WE05 which should give a list of iDocs. If you can't find them there, then I would be looking at your RFC connection.
mydsworld
Participant

Post by mydsworld »

What kind of debugging we can do in RFC connection
ShaneMuir
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ShaneMuir »

Well if you want to debug the RFC you will probably need the services of an abaper (SAP programmer). As you will need to set a breakpoint in the RFC.

Um it could be range of other problems though.

Be sure that your user id has the authorisation to receive the iDoc info. Your role will need something like (I think - I could have this around the wrong way, ie SAP is sending the iDoc)

Code: Select all

Authorisation object S_IDOCDEFT, Fields:
EDI_TCD, value 'WE30'
ACTVT, value - 03 (display)
EDI_DOC, value  *
EDI_CIM, value *
I assume that all the inbound idoc stuff is set up correctly and that SM58 showed up nothing. Without access to an SAP system I don't know that I can be any help - otherwise try this page for futher troubleshooting: http://searchsap.techtarget.com/tip/0,2 ... 8,00.html#
mydsworld
Participant

Post by mydsworld »

When I run my DS job with Idoc Load stage it does generate some .idx and .dat files on IIS server. However nothing is shown in SAP side, tried all SAP transactions like WE02 etc. I have partner,destination partner,RFC etc configured in SAP and working correctly.Still it seems SAP box has no knowledge of whats happening in IIS box. How the two different physical boxes are tied through.

Please help.
mydsworld
Participant

Post by mydsworld »

Does anyone have any idea of what is going wrong here (Error message shown below):

A *** ERROR => RFC ======> CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV' : cmRc=20 thRc=223
CPIC program connection ended (read error)

[abrfcio.c 8139]

A *** ERROR => RFC Error RFCIO_ERROR_SYSERROR in abrfcpic.c : 3295

CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV' : cmRc=20 thRc=223
CPIC program connection ended (read error)
[abrfcio.c 8139]
A RFC 3165 CONVID 29283035
A * CMRC=20 DATA=1 STATUS=1 SAPRC=223 comread
A *** ERROR => RFC Error RFCIO_ERROR_MESSAGE in abrfcio.c : 1817