Sort key "myKey" no longer exists in dataset schem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Raamc
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sort key "myKey" no longer exists in dataset schem

Post by Raamc »

Hi all,

I'm getting the following warning in a simple job that reads from an oracle table stage (SQL query) - sorts the data stream - bit of transformation and writes it simultaneoulsy to a dataset and a sequential file.

I have ensured the partitioning to be correct all through out - the runtime column propogation turned off and no implicit column dropping in any succeeding stages anywhere...

Warning Description:

main_program: Sort key "myKey" no longer exists in dataset schema. It will be dropped from the inserted sortmerge collector

{ Have not used any collector anywhere! }

Thanks for any inputs in helping with this.

-Ram
devidotcom
Participant

Post by devidotcom »

Check the search option in dsxchange.com you will find solutions
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You HAVE used a Collector, because the last stage in your job design is a Sequential File stage executing in sequential mode.
You will be able to see this in the score if you dump the score into the job log.
I suggest that the Collector (on the Input tab of the Sequential Stage) is set to Sort/Merge with the sort key (or one of the sort keys) being "myKey".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.