routines compile

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

just4u_sharath
Premium Member
Premium Member

routines compile

Post by just4u_sharath »

how to compile routines manually through manager,as we have moved routine folder from DEVELOPMENT to QA,routines are in locked position,i didnt find any manual option to compile routines through manager
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Parallel routines are not compiled from within DataStage. They are totally external C++ source code, and must be compiled using the appropriate C++ compiler and linked using the appropriate linker at the operating system level.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Rubu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Rubu »

If you have written the routine and saved it as .c or .cpp file you can compile using following process.
Pick APT_COMPILER variable and APT_COMPILEROPT variable values from administrator. For me (linux system) these are g++ and -O -fPIC -Wno-deprecated -c.
Now construct the syntax in the following order, substituting the values found in your project environment

Code: Select all

$APT_COMPILER  $APT_COMPILEROPT InputProg.c -o OutputProg.o
For Me:

Code: Select all

g++   -O -fPIC -Wno-deprecated -c InputProg.c -o OutputProg.o
You already have the InputProg.c file written and after executing it you would get compiled code in .o file.

This will definitely help you compiling your code. But, its good to learn how the comiler works in your sustem.
Regards
Palas