Universe Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shrey3a
Premium Member
Premium Member

Universe Stage

Post by shrey3a »

Hi,

Do we have universe stage in 8.0 or they have removed the concept of universe stage. If yes then is there is alternative stage for it. which can have select insert commands i.e. user defined query.

We are using 8.0 and not able to see the universe stage , wondering whether installation team has not installed it or its completely removed.

Thanks,
Munish
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Was there a UniVerse stage in PX 7.0?
shrey3a
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shrey3a »

We have switched from 7.5.1a server edition to 8.0 and 7.5.1a has universe stage...but I'm not able to find it in 8.0.
If its not there then is there is alternative way to store data in DS repository and run queries on it like select, insert, delete.

Client is lil rigid and not allowing us to create a table in database. We need to do everything in DS env

Thanks,
Munish
ArndW wrote:Was there a UniVerse stage in PX 7.0?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You posted with a PX product in the PX forum, which is I posted a question to which I already knew the answer (which is "No, PX has never had a UniVerse Stage").

V8 Server jobs - go to the Stages -> Server -> Database category to select the UniVerse stage.