Fixing a corrupt project- Step by Step

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hamzaqk
Participant

Fixing a corrupt project- Step by Step

Post by hamzaqk »

I know there are alot of post here pertaining to project corruption but most of them just point to another post and when you go on there, there is no solid solution to the problem. So would someone or all of us be kind enough to constibute to this one and post thier experiences on this so the information is avaliable at one place: i have tried the following so far:

Error:

Code: Select all

Error calling subroutine: DSR_PROJECT (Action=1); check DataStage is set up correctly in project dwhdrop3stgdev 
(Unable to load subroutine on host (30105)) 
Step 1

LOGOT PROJECT NAME 
Step2
First thing i checked for the schema by doing this

VERIFY.SQL SCHEMA PROJECTNAME
the above gave me error

** No SQL catalog data  for schema ' 'in UV_SCHEMA
Step 3
then i run the commans to rebuild the index by:

DS.REINDEX ALL 
Step 4 i run the fix command

VERIFY.SQL SCHEMA FIX 
Unfortunately this does'nt solve the problem either.

I dont know what step 5 should be now?
Teradata Certified Master V2R5
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Begin by determining that there is an entry for the project in both the UV.ACCOUNT and UV_SCHEMA system tables.

SELECT @ID,PATH FROM UV.ACCOUNT WHERE @ID = '<<ProjectName>>';

SELECT SCHEMA_NAME, PATH FROM UV_SCHEMA WHERE SCHEMA_NAME = '<<ProjectName>>';
Let's make sure that your Step 1 is correct next.

LOGTO ProjectName
Was this successful? Was there an error message? (You mis-spelled the command.)
Did you actually end up in the project? The command WHO executed at the TCL prompt will report which account you are in. You should secondarily verify that you are in the correct directory.

DOS /C CD
(UNIX users should use SH -c pwd here.)

If the command WHO reports UV rather than the project name, then the LOGTO was not successful, which might well be the case if the project is corrupted.

In that case you need to determine the contents of the project directory. At the operating system level obtain a directory listing of the project directory's contents. Please post that listing here (in Code tags); it will not show any confidential information.

Based on the contents of the project directory, and of entries in the UV.ACCOUNT and UV_SCHEMA tables, you can then determine whether VERIFY.SQL will be of any use to you. As you've seen, arbtrarily requesting a FIX is not sufficient - there are various syntax options needed to tell the utility more precisely what to do.

To answer your main question, there is no single solution to a corrupted project. It depends how and why it got corrupted.
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Let's assume that the project directory exists, and that there is a correct entry in UV.ACCOUNT for it but no entry for it in UV_SCHEMA. To determine whether that is the case, use VERIFY.SQL with the SCHEMA keyword, the pathname of the project directory (note: NOT the project name) and without the FIX option.

VERIFY.SQL SCHEMA E:/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/MyProject
(I have gotten into the habit of using "/" rather than "\" in Windows pathnames with DataStage utilities - some of the DataStage utilities seem to prefer it and, in most cases, Windows is happy with either.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.