Version conflict

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shrey3a
Premium Member
Premium Member

Version conflict

Post by shrey3a »

Hi Gurus,

I've 7.1, 7.5, 7.5.1a, 8.0 client installed on my machine.
I'm succesfully able to switch b/w all the clients and open up jobs in all the
env i.e. 7.1, 7.5,7.5.1a,8.0 but in 8.0 env I'm not able to iopen any stages when I double click on it below is the error I get.

The incorrect version of vmdsedit.dll is been installed.

Does it a known issue that we can not have 7.5 and 8.0 client installed on same m/c. I even asked helpdesk to log in as administrator on my m/c and they have same problem.

Thanks in advance

Rgds,
Munish
gpatton
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gpatton »

I believe that you must install the multi-client manager that comew with version 8
shrey3a
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shrey3a »

gpatton wrote:I believe that you must install the multi-client manager that comew with version 8
yes we have installed the multiclient manager which has come with 8.0 but then also its a problem.

Thanks,
Munish
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Did you use the Multi-client Manger (8.0.1) on the machine? If you have earlier version of Multi-client Manger on the machine, you must uninstall it first.
shrey3a
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shrey3a »

[quote="lstsaur"]Did you use the Multi-client Manger (8.0.1) on the machine? If you have earlier version of Multi-client Manger on the machine, you must uninstall it first.[/quote]

We have submitted the request to uninstall previous version of multiclient manger now do we need to uninstall and install the version 8 multiclient magaer again.

Thanks
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

Did you ever get this resolved? We are running into the same issue. We never had any other version of MCM installed, except the first version that came with v8. There is an updated version that we had to install after upgrade to the fixpack 1a for the base client.

If you got it working, can you post the resolution?

Thanks!

Brad.
It is not that I am addicted to coffee, it's just that I need it to survive.