regarding Start_time and End_time of Job in Parallel Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deesh
Participant

regarding Start_time and End_time of Job in Parallel Job

Post by deesh »

Hi ray & Friends,
i'm new to DataStage - would appreciate if you can give an example how to use DSGetJobInfo( )
I have one problem in work, please can help to me in solution.

i have 3 TABLEs, i am storing data from 1st table to 2nd table. in the job. here i need start_time and End_time of job which is picking data from TABLE1 and putting data in to TABLE2

These Start_time and End_time i need to maintain in TABLE3.

I used the DS macros but its giving only the Start_time, I need end_ time also can provide kindly any suggestion. through ORCLE also its possible Can suggest to me.

one more thing i have thought to solve through "DSGetJobInfo()" but i didn't see in Parallel jobs this "DSGetJobInfo()"please can guide in this also.
Last edited by deesh on Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The DSGetJobInfo() function will give you everything you need and more.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
deesh
Participant

I am new for DS can suggest to me in DSGetJobInfo()

Post by deesh »

Thnx Ray given information DSGetJobInfo(), Ray i am new for the DS i need more can please explain how to use the DSGetJobInfo() it could helpful to me.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Press F1 when you're in the Designer or Manager client, and use the index to find DSGetJobInfo().

Or why not download EtlStats from Kim Duke's web site which will do all this data gathering, and put the results into a table, for you?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.