sequencer problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chvenkat.v
Participant

sequencer problem

Post by chvenkat.v »

Hi

I designed a sequencer for five jobs. It is running fine. But I got a problem after 3 jobs 4th job is aborted. I need to restart my sequence for 4 th job only...please some one help me in cheers

thnks
venkat
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's a job sequence you're having a problem with, not a sequencer (which is a component you can used in a job sequence). What version of DataStage are you using - 7.5 or later, or earlier than 7.5? The answer will differ depending on your version number.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bikan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bikan »

if you are using advance version of DS post 7.5 then DS has inbuilt restart point facility...otherwise you may have to design restartable job sequence...for example u can write job name to file and while start of sequence read that file and decide which job to run.,,,
ajay.vaidyanathan
Participant

sequencer problem

Post by ajay.vaidyanathan »

There is a property at sequence level in the job parameters "ADD CHECKPOINTS SO SEQUENCE IS RESTARTABLE ON FAILURE" which when checked will help you to make the sequence restartable. If this option is not checked in your sequence, please check it and then try running it. If your job gets aborted inbetween, then just make the necessary changes to your job and compile your job alone. No need to compile your sequence again.
Regards
Ajay
bkumar103
Participant

Post by bkumar103 »

You can set this option at job level or at the project level.
To set this property at the project level " check the "add checkpoint so sequence is restartable on failure" in sequence tab in data stage adminstrator.
to set at the job level use the job activity stage for individual job.

This feature wasd not available in the earlier release.

After checking in the option, next run will restart the aborted job only.

Thanks,
Birendra
Birendra