Timestamp issue inserting into Oracle table

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sidharthasaha
Participant

Post by sidharthasaha »

I have already tried doing this. Also just to test, I have tried to change the input data and remove the microseconds from the date . All this didn't help in getting the data loaded.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

What is the auto genereated SQL for Insert comming up?
Use the following for the timestamp field at the insert statment if you use User defined SQL

Code: Select all

timestamp':1'
Where :1 is the first field if its the timestamp datatype.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
reddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by reddy »

If the Timestamp value in falt file is a varchar then concatenate it to look like that default timestamp (19) format and then do a stringtotimestamp and it will work.
sidharthasaha
Participant

Post by sidharthasaha »

I'm using Oracle Enterprise Stage with LOAD option hence uanble to use user defined queries.

As I have said earlier, to test the job I have hardcoded the timestamp value in the transformer.

StringToTimestamp("2007-10-10 10:10:10", "%yyyy-%mm-%dd %hh:%nn:%ss)

The records are getting rejected in the oracle enterprise stage. I looked into the bad file created by the Oracle Enterprise(sqlldr) and the timestamp value in it is showing up as "10/10/2007 10:10:". I am not sure why the value of seconds is missing. Is there any other option I need to pass or is there any other enviroment variable which is causing this issue?