insert to sqlserver

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ratna
Participant

insert to sqlserver

Post by ratna »

Dear all,

i have a problem here.
i made a job..
oracle stage - transformer - Dynamic RDBMS

all i want to do is transfer the data from oracle to sqlserver.. but i dont know why, the data inserted to sqlserver always truncated..

like : 'John' will become 'Joh'

I put a peek stage before the Dynamic RDBMS stage, and the data in the peek stage were fine (not truncated).

Anybody know whats wrong?

Thanks
kausmone
Participant

Post by kausmone »

Ratna,

Can you give more details please? Is this happening for all columns or for only one particular column etc? I am assuming that you have already checked and confirmed that the datatype of the source (Oracle) and the target (SQL Server) is the same for the column(s) that are showing this behavior...

-kaus
Ultramundane
Participant

Re: insert to sqlserver

Post by Ultramundane »

ratna wrote:Dear all,

i have a problem here.
i made a job..

all i want to do is transfer the data from oracle to sqlserver.. but i dont know why, the data inserted to sqlserver always truncated..

I put a peek stage before the Dynamic RDBMS stage, and the data in the peek stage were fine (not truncated).

Thanks
We encountered a similar issue in 7.5.1 and 7.5.2 which was resolved via Ecase 74157
Ultramundane
Participant

Re: insert to sqlserver

Post by Ultramundane »

ratna wrote:Dear all,

i have a problem here.
i made a job..

Thanks
We encountered a similar issue in 7.5.1 and 7.5.2 which was resolved via Ecase 74157
ratna
Participant

Post by ratna »

kausmone, this happened to every column.. and yes, datatype of the source and the target column are the same..

And Ultramundane, i dont understand.. what is Ecase 74157?

Thanks all for replying...
Ultramundane
Participant

Post by Ultramundane »

ratna wrote:kausmone, this happened to every column.. and yes, datatype of the source and the target column are the same..

And Ultramundane, i dont understand.. what is Ecase 74157?

Thanks all for replying...
Ecase 74157 references a bug fix created by IBM. If you would like to get the fix from IBM you should contact them and request the fix.