regd ORAOCI and OES

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datastagedw
Participant

regd ORAOCI and OES

Post by datastagedw »

hello,

i am doing some migration jobs from server to parallel(7.5.2)I have a ORAOCI stage in server and after using xrmigrator i have the OES in the parallel version of the job. Now the table has some number fields which are read as decimals in both of these stages but when i do viewdatea in server (with ORAOCI), i can see the data properly without any decimals . for eg. i have a field :
col1 decimal(2)

this in the viewdata of the OES seems as something like '22.'

the decimal point remains there in the viewdata and since this jobs ultimately extracts from OES to SFS i receive many warnings. The SFS again showing decimal at the end of the value in the parallel job. is it a default behaviour of OES, i don't think so because i have worked with this stage before also. Is it that the metadata is not imported properly. Here i would like to mention that the metadata (few columns only) were actually manually typed and not imported. Can this be the cause???

can anyone suggest.
ETL DEVELOPER
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What is xrmigrator?

View Data works differently in server and parallel jobs. It always displays the decimal placeholder character in the parallel version, as well as adding leading and trailing zeroes sufficient to prove that precision and scale are being handled properly.

That's how it is, and there's nothing you can configure to change the behaviour. Technically, it's more correct to show the decimal placeholder for a decimal number so that you know it's not an integer.

Pragmatically, 22. equals 22.0 equals 22 (within reasonable limits of precision).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

OES? Are you using Oracle's Express Edition? As far as I know, that is either not supported or known to not work. :?

I suspect 'xrmigrator' is a typo.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
datastagedw
Participant

Post by datastagedw »

ray.wurlod wrote:What is xrmigrator?

View Data works differently in server and parallel jobs. It always displays the decimal placeholder character in the parallel version, as well as adding leading and trailing ze ...
hello ray,

thanks once again for your quick response. well xmigrator is the tool that the team members have used to migrate the jobs from server to parallel. i don't have much idea regd that.

i think i should give you some more information . when i deleted all the columns from the oracle enterprise stage in the parallel version and instead imported the metadata its not showing those decimal points on viewdata. I can mark this issue as resolved but wanted to ask you whether this behaviour is because the meatdata was manually typed as i said in my previous post. Can you please confirm me regd this matter.

Thanks in advance.
ETL DEVELOPER
datastagedw
Participant

Post by datastagedw »

ray.wurlod wrote:What is xrmigrator?

View Data works differently in server and parallel jobs. It always displays the decimal placeholder character in the parallel version, as well as adding leading and trailing ze ...
hello ray,

thanks once again for your quick response. well xmigrator is the tool that the team members have used to migrate the jobs from server to parallel. i don't have much idea regd that.

i think i should give you some more information . when i deleted all the columns from the oracle enterprise stage in the parallel version and instead imported the metadata its not showing those decimal points on viewdata. I can mark this issue as resolved but wanted to ask you whether this behaviour is because the meatdata was manually typed as i said in my previous post. Can you please confirm me regd this matter.

Thanks in advance.
ETL DEVELOPER
datastagedw
Participant

Post by datastagedw »

chulett wrote:OES? Are you using Oracle's Express Edition? As far as I know, that is either not supported or known to not work. :?

I suspect 'xrmigrator' is a typo. ...

hello chulett,

well sorry for the misunderstanding. what i mean by OES is Oracle enterprise stage. the xmigrator is tool used for migrating jobs from server to parallel. in fact i have limited knowledge regd this, if you know anything can you please share with me.
ETL DEVELOPER