Passing 000-415 certifications without Hands On

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nkln@you
Premium Member
Premium Member

Passing 000-415 certifications without Hands On

Post by nkln@you »

Hi,

I have been working on Datastage Server Edition for the past 4 years.

I never worked on Enterprise Edition except once for a period of 5 days an year ago

I want to pass 000-415 certification. But I do not have the Software to do hands-on on Enterprise Edition as my customer currently uses Server edition only.

I have gone through Vincent McBurney Blog and Studyguide. It asks to exercises which I would not be able to do as I do not have software.

Is it possible to pass the exam without the installed software and reading only manuals and discussion forums? If so can you guide me correct path
Aim high
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Give youself a break; it's better just to take a DS EE trainning class.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you go to IOD 2008 in Las Vegas (as an attendee) you can take a certification preparation class (from memory it's about $400) and then attempt the exam itself for free. Check out the IOD web site for more information.

Of course there are no guarantees - you will definitely not pass if you go into the exam with a server developer's mindset.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
John Smith
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by John Smith »

you can always get the evaluation copy of the software from our friends in IBM,install it and have a play.
i'd still strongly recommend attending the training course because some of the fundamentals are best learnt in class.
nkln@you
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nkln@you »

Hi Smith,

How could I get an evaluation copy . What is the process for this. Whom should I contact for this?
Aim high
John Smith
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by John Smith »

If you require further information please contact Sales Administration.
http://www.ascential.com/iisp/public/contact.do

Product downloads can be found at:
https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/i ... e=wiiseval