"Server not responding " error in Datastage 8.0.1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

"Server not responding " error in Datastage 8.0.1

Post by DSRajesh »

Hi,

I am trying to log in into datastage client which is designer .

When i try to give all user credentials like host name ,user name,password etc ...It is throwing "server not responding on the server "Rajesh-9080" which is my Host name (rajesh) where application server got installed.

Here i installed datastage client components as well other components like metadata serevr,domain etc in the windows 2003 server itself.

Is it ok if install all the components in windows 2003 server itself or is there any other criteria in the installation.

I am new to DS 8.0.1

Please tell me the possible reason and solution for log in fail.

I used to connect the parallel jobs with the version 7.5x2...but with the same type of criteria for datastage 8.0.1 i am unable to log in

What is the server name here...is it websphere app server name?

I am in confuse here.

could you please help me here.

Regards,
RD
DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DSRajesh »

Hi

Any body please reposnd to my mail..................
RD
deanwalker
Participant

Post by deanwalker »

The domain is 'rajesh', 9080 is the default port and you do not need to specify it.
The project will be 'rajesh/yourproj'.
To test if the domain is running you can use a Browser to connect to the admin console - http://rajesh:9080 - but you must have done this already to set up the users ?
The error msg you specified is unusual, are you connecting with an 8.0.1 client ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What, even they have no idea what the problem is? Or which server it is that's not responding, or why? There are three that you have to check: the Information Server, the WebSphere Application Server and the DataStage Server. Perhaps the port number will give you a clue of the most likely candidate.

Can you open the console through an Internet Explorer browser?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DSRajesh »

Hi

It is the Datastage and qualitystage deisgner client component i am trying to login ...as well when i try to log in with IBM information server i am facing the same problem.

Please tell me what exactly the hostname need to specify.

why am i able to connect using 7.5x2 for the same client and y am in unable to connect when i use 8.0.1 version?

Regards
RD
DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DSRajesh »

Hi Dean

I did not do any setup for users...is it need to be done before log in client window.

Can you please tell me what are the steps to eb followed here after datastage installation.

Is it ok if i cvan install DS client components and other components in windows 2003 server itself. or need to install on separate OS?

yes i am trying to login designer client...

Please help me here...

Regards
RD
deanwalker
Participant

Post by deanwalker »

Using the Admin console you need to set up Information Server users, give them appropriate roles, and assign them user credentials to be able to use DataStage.

You can use the same machine for the DS Clients.

If you have the same errors when using Information Server I suspect that your Websphere Application Server is not running.

(Your initial msg said that you used 'rajesh-9080', you meant 'rajesh:9080' ?)

You cannot connect 75x2 clients to 8.0.1 servers.

You will lots of information in the Installation & Configuration Guides that come with the software.
deanwalker
Participant

Post by deanwalker »

deanwalker wrote:
You will lots of information in the Installation & Configuration Guides that come with the software.
I mean't 'you will find ...'
DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DSRajesh »

Hi Dean

I have not started the application server ...i need to start it

i will doing the same once i got release from office and will be back to you if any further issues......... :)

Thanks
RD
DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DSRajesh »

Hi Dean,

I followed your postings and finally i am able to connect App server and information server as well both the consoles.

When i try to login to designer window it is able to take the server and username , pwd and finally able to display the projects which are created in repository

But when i click on OK after selecting the required project ,it is throwing the error Failed to authenticate : Invalid username and password.

Could you please tell me with the same username and password i am able to select the projects but unable to open the designer client window.

Can you please suggest me what exactly the problem in this.

Regards
RD
deanwalker
Participant

Post by deanwalker »

Sounds like you have used a good user/pass to connect to the Domain, which is where the list of projects is held.
Have you mapped this user's credentials, in the IS Console, to a user/pass that is valid on the DS Server machine ?
You could test these by telnet'ing to the DSServer n port 2300.
DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DSRajesh »

Dear Dean,

Is the User/pwd for DSserver credentials are system login user/pwds or what?

As per the below statement:

"Under Assign Access Credentials, specify the credentials through which the suite users will access the WebSphere DataStage and QualityStage server. The credentials that you specify must be local operating system credentials on the computer where the WebSphere DataStage and QualityStage server is installed."

From installation guide :"The credentials that you specify must be local operating system credentials on the computer" in the sense is it Windows Login credentials need to give ?

Can you please clear me about this?

Moreover when i try to log in the designer component : do we need to give suit user /pwds or windows user/pwds?

If u dont mind can you please clear my doubt here so that i can sucessfully log in... :D

Regards,
RD
DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DSRajesh »

I tried a lot about giving datastage credentials but unsucessful in login the same.

Can any one help me here?
RD
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is a non-trivial process. Have you taken one of IBM's training classes?

Essentially you create suite users for Information Server, then allocate suite roles and product roles. You can also set up a default DataStage user whose credentials suite users who have not been allocated a DataStage role will get. Or you can allocate DataStage roles to users or to groups.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DSRajesh »

Hi Ray,

I did not take up any training classes.
I am trying on my own by reading installation guide.

I am failing to understand about datastage credentials and even i tried to work out with that .

Please help me as part of giving credentials and log in issue for clients.

Regards
RD