Delete data Before Load Oracle Enterprise

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

NEO
Premium Member
Premium Member

Delete data Before Load Oracle Enterprise

Post by NEO »

Hi,
I am having trouble deleting records in a table by ID before I load data to the same table using Oracle Enterprise Stage.
I am using the Load / Append mode in the properties with the Open Command as
DELETE FROM TABLE WHERE ID='#ID#'.
I get these fatal warnings
ORA-00054: resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT specified
The call to sqlldr failed; the return code = 256;
please see the loader logfile: /usr/local/dstage/Ascential/DataStage/Scratch/ora.13138.557705.1.log for details.
and at times a fatal warning
that no rows were returned. And it also seems to be running the Delete statement on all the nodes.
Is there a way to accomplish the delete part of the table before loading the table requirement using the Open Command.
Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome to the wonderful world of parallel processing!

I suggest that you need to delete (or truncate) upstream of the Oracle Enterprise stage (or even in a preceding job), using an operator that executes sequentially (or even a server job) - send zero rows to Oracle with the rule set to "truncate then insert".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
NEO
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by NEO »

Sure seems like a hassle in parallel extender when it comes to things like that. I used to do the delete in a before SQL during my server days all the time. Wonder if Open command is of much use for me.
Appreciate your response as always Ray.