Change capture stage actions is wierd

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ragunathan Gunasekaran
Participant

Change capture stage actions is wierd

Post by Ragunathan Gunasekaran »

Hi ,
I am using a .csv file as the after link and the Oracle stage as the before link to the Change capture stage. The data in both of them are the same and the metadata are varchar in nature.The key for both are varchar datatype.

(Additional columns are droped and metadata are made as the metadata of the oracle stage in the modify stage )

.CSV File ------> Modify stage -----> Change capture <------------Oracle stage

I am testing with a single record which is the same in the oracle table and the .csv file, Mandated it should have only the change code as 0(copy) but it has 1 and 2 ( Means comes as insert and delete record) . This is the issue now . Any help on this please. I have made the metadat perfect on both the after and the before links .
Regards
Ragu
Ragunathan Gunasekaran
Participant

Does change capture stage cant work with Different after and before source. I am able to get the results if i work with smillar stages such as the before and the after links were oracle stage or datasets but the change capture fails to do so if the stages are a mix in their before and the after links . Is this a correct one ?
Regards
Ragu
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

are the metada of the before link and after link same??
what is the padchar?? '' is better
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Ragunathan Gunasekaran wrote:Does change capture stage cant work with Different after and before source. I am able to get the results if i work with smillar stages such as the before and the after links were oracle stage or datasets but the change capture fails to do so if the stages are a mix in their before and the after links . Is this a correct one ?
change capture goves weired results when keys are duplicate.

make sure you don't have duplicate keys present in both source as well as target (before and after links)
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

one more thing is I faced is 'It doesn't give the desired result when there is any field having double data type without scale and precision.'

Make sure you define the scale and precision for double/float data type

Regards,
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
Ragunathan Gunasekaran
Participant

I have the metadata intact and i have only integer columns . Any help on this please
Regards
Ragu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What's the matter with the help already given? Did you de-duplicate the inputs?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.