Can compile Job in datastage 7.5.2 but cant run it

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ramamanne
Participant

Can compile Job in datastage 7.5.2 but cant run it

Post by ramamanne »

Actually the issue is

None of the jobs in Datastage 7.5.2 are running when executed in designer and in director .
With in the datastage Director client we can see the status as "complied".
We can see no log entries for the executed jobs.

can anyone plz help me out...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

7.5.2 or 7.5x2 ?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
deanwalker
Participant

Post by deanwalker »

Parallel Jobs on Windows can only be run with 7.5x2, none of the other 7.5 releases support Parallel Jobs on Windows.
ramamanne
Participant

Hi

Post by ramamanne »

i am using 7.5x2...i am not understanding wats the prob is....i cant see the job status as finished
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It was important to see the exact version first. As noted, 7.5.2 does not support execution of parallel jobs on Windows.

Where did these jobs come from? Were they imported from somewhere else (with job executables)?

Can you compile jobs (a) without Transformer stage in the design and (b) with Transformer stage in the design?

Answers to these question will help to identify the cause of the problem you are experiencing.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ramamanne
Participant

hi ray.wurlod

Post by ramamanne »

thanxs for de concern...

actually i was running the jobs earlier...but today when i tried to run the job...i cannot run them...all that i can see in the director is the job status shows compiled......
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Explain "can't run". Is the "Run Now" tool disabled? How are you attempting to run the job? If its status is Compiled, then it is in a runnable state, and the tool should not be disabled. Have you tried simply closing the Director client and opening a new one?
ramamanne
Participant

Post by ramamanne »

here is the issue...i am able to compile the job in designer but when i am running it shows nothing.In order to see the job status ...i logged into director...n all dat i can see is the status of the job is compiled n there is no log....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is the "Run Now" option (or "Run" tool) enabled or disabled in Director?

If you don't answer the questions it makes diagnosis doubly difficult.
ramamanne
Participant

Post by ramamanne »

the run now in the tool is enabled in director.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How are you attempting to run the job (e.g. from Director or from Designer, from schedule or from command line)? Have you tried simply closing the Director client and opening a new one? Have you tried running the job using the dsjob command line interface?

If you don't answer the questions it makes diagnosis doubly difficult.
chucksmith
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chucksmith »

I had a similar problem on version 8 on Windows. My problem was corrected by modifying the LIB and INCLUDE environment varaibles to point to Microsoft Platform SDK. I got no useful information from the logs when I tried to run parallel jobs. It was only by reviewing the installation instructions that I found the real issue.