sqlldr error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

verify
Premium Member
Premium Member

sqlldr error

Post by verify »

Dear All,

Thanks for supporting so far all my ds issues

We are trying to insert records from flat file to oracle table using oracle enterprise stage with load option. Basically when we use load option it calls sqlldr, for some reason it was not working and throwing following error. Please advice us how to resolve the below problem. We do not have log file too.

Oracle_Enterprise_9,6: The call to sqlldr failed; the return code = 32,512;
please see the loader logfile: /apps/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Scratch/ora.2430.764692.6.log for details.
Oracle_Enterprise_9,6: Unable to access the log file.
Oracle_Enterprise_9,6: The runLocally() of the operator failed.
Oracle_Enterprise_9,6: Input 0 consumed 1 records.
Oracle_Enterprise_9,6: Operator terminated abnormally: runLocally did not return APT_StatusOk
Oracle_Enterprise_9,5: sh: sqlldr: command not found

We have created a job which contains following stages to load the records,

Sequential stage -- Transformer Stage -- Oracle Enterprise Stage

SW/HW details:

ETL Tool: IBM Information Server 8.0.1
Database : Oracle 10g
O/S : RED HAT LINUX

Regards
JSK
RK Raju
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You would need to post the details in the sqlldr log as noted. That or take that to your DBA:

"please see the loader logfile: /apps/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Scratch/ora.2430.764692.6.log for details"

Edited to add - I see there's more to this than that. Following related messages make that clear:

So it doesn't look like there is a log file to be had here. And the important bit is the fact that sqlldr couldn't be found. Is this your first time using Oracle with DataStage? Your environment - set via the dsenv file - does not seem properly configured for Oracle, hence the question.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
verify
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by verify »

chulett wrote:You would need to post the details in the sqlldr log as noted. That or take that to your DBA:

"please see the loader logfile: /apps/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Scratch/ora.2430.764692.6.log for details"

Edited to add - I see there's more to this than that. Following related messages make that clear:

So it doesn't look like there is a log file to be had here. And the important bit is the fact that sqlldr couldn't be found. Is this your first time using Oracle with DataStage? Your environment - set via the dsenv file - does not seem properly configured for Oracle, hence the question.
Thank you chulett for your suggestion.Yes this is the very first time i am using ORACLE stage in the new environment .So , you are suggesting that dsnv is not set up properly .I executed the dsenv environment by going into the path DSEngine/ and executing . ./dsenv .
As i am new to datastage , I dont know How to proceed further .So , I request all you to suggest an idea regarding this .

Thank you all.
RK Raju
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What is needed is fully documented. The Oracle stage docs mention this, as does the Installation and Configuration Guide from what I recall. There's even a Plug-In Configuration Guide or some such out there. And on the off chance you don't know those pdf documents are all there, check the Docs directory where you installed the client on your PC.

Everything is there.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
verify
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by verify »

Thank you very much... I will look at the docs and let you know status.
RK Raju