How to increase the number of nodes in Parallel Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ashishpascal
Participant

How to increase the number of nodes in Parallel Job

Post by ashishpascal »

The Job is reading data from Oracle Database in a parallel Job and its speed is 600 rows per second.
Can anyone tell me as to should i increase the number of records read per minute.
and how should i increase the number of nodes in parallel Job.

Thanks
Ashish Gupta
+919922892057
JUST BE!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

1. Set the system clock back while the job is running.

2. Use a different parallel configuration file. Set APT_CONFIG_FILE to point to it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Yuan_Edward
Participant

Re: How to increase the number of nodes in Parallel Job

Post by Yuan_Edward »

ashishpascal wrote:The Job is reading data from Oracle Database in a parallel Job and its speed is 600 rows per second.
Can anyone tell me as to should i increase the number of records read per minute.
and how should i increase the number of nodes in parallel Job.

Thanks
Ashish Gupta
+919922892057
I observed that Oracle Enterprise Stage runs sequencially no matter how many nodes are configured in the APT_CONFIG_FILE. I usually use more than one Oracle stage to read the same table if parallel reading is needed.
Edward Yuan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is as documented for the Oracle Enterprise stage. If you specify a Partition Table property it will execute in parallel provided that the table is appropriately partitioned.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.